Office of the State's Attorney

Worcester County, Maryland

How do I file charges against someone who has committed a crime against me?

You should call your local police department to make a report. You may also go to a District Court Commissioner and fill out an application for statement of charges against the person you say committed the crime against you. The Commissioner will determine if there is probable cause for a summons or warrant. See the link below for Worcester County Commissioner locations and times of operation.